JaeBow conducted significant work for our client in Tacoma, USA. To develop a training philosophy which includes; an Assessment and Training strategy for existing workers to address the lack of skills and knowledge.
JaeBow visited Tacoma USA for 3 weeks to conduct the Audit and the agreed training program for 12 existing workers (welders)
Our Goal was to enable the participants to develop the relevant knowledge to apply to the advanced welding skills. This knowledge would also assist them to interpret information to apply known solutions to a variety of predictable problems.
The practical program consisted of a practical assessment to evaluate the current level of skills, training in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux Cord Arc Welding (FCAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) followed by assessment in SMAW and FCAW which included both destructive and non-destructive testing.
- Developed a training program
- Trained an in-house trainer
- Conducted an audit on current practices and make further recommendations.
- Trained and assessed 10 – 16 existing workers who had various levels of skills and experience in welding to an advanced level to enable them to repair castings manufactured from specialised high grade materials.
- Identified, trained and mentored one of Tacoma’s staff to become an in-house trainer who would then continue the current and future training.
- Provided Instructional Design advice for the development and delivery of current and future training programs.
- Saved the company $2m per month by introducing a training program & efficient organisational structures.
To further develop the advanced welders there is a requirement to develop and deliver training in all welding processes to include the following.
- Theory and practical for welding processes and advanced theory in welding processes and welding metallurgy
- Overhead butt weld (4G position) using both SMAW and FCAW – advanced level
- Pipe to Plate fillet weld (5G position) no rotation using GTAW – advanced level
- Pipe butt weld (6G position) SMAW and GTAW – advanced level